Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

About women duck hunters - a column for Shotgun Life

Happy New Year, everyone!

I had a couple things happen last year during duck hunts that got me thinking about the state of women duck hunters. You can check out my Shotgun Life column about it here, and I'd be very interested to here your thoughts, either in comments on the column (it uses a Facebook interface) or back here.

I didn't address the causes of the issues I wrote about, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on that topic. Or if you think I'm completely full of B.S. on the topic, you're welcome to say that as well.

© Holly A. Heyser 2015

1 comment:

  1. Hey Holly, tell Hank hi from the last bastion of civilization better known as Mississippi! There are lots of women hunters here and we fly fairly low under the radar as our husbands don't really want ALL their friends to know that they have a "hunting" woman. Too much competition for one of us! We are a rare breed and we like it that way. Shrieks of laughter!! Seriously, I was given my first gun at age 7 ( I had an enlightened father) and my husband and his friends as well as mine call me by the perfect nickname...Killer. Love to kill and prepare and eat wild game. Now of course, I can't cook like that man that you let live with you but I've got his book and it is interesting and actually has commonsense recipes for the the home cook.
    Love to you both, RobbieAnn

    ReplyDelete