I am obsessed with wingshooting, but as organized as I am, I have a hard time remembering all the season dates and limits for all the birds in California. So I designed this visual calendar that puts literally 25+ pages of California regulations for upland and waterfowl shotgun seasons into a single, easy-to-read poster. I threw in rabbits and squirrels too, because why not?
If you or someone you know is a wingshooter in California, check it out - you can buy a copy for $5. It's a PDF that you can store on a mobile device so you can find answers in the field, even without cell signal - just zoom to see the details you need. Or, you can print it as a 16x20 poster.
The poster features:
- Shotgun seasons listed both as dates and bars along a timeline to easily determine what's legal on any given day (waterfowl seasons use color blind-friendly colors)
- Youth and veteran waterfowl hunt dates and eligibility requirements, and youth spring turkey hunt dates
- Daily, possession and season limits (including exceptions)
- Legal shooting hours (there are four sets!)
- License/validation requirements
- End-of-daylight-saving-time reminder
- Full- and new moon phases
- Purchase includes license for the buyer to download PDF to three devices, and to print one poster for the buyer's home and another for their club, if applicable (Fedex/Kinko's can print at poster size).
- Purchase securely, then download PDF immediately from the website, or later from an email that will be sent to you.
© Holly A. Heyser 2022
Post a Comment