Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Video: How to pluck and gut a dove

I think most hunters like to breast out their doves, but you know me - I'm a fan of eating as much of the bird as possible. Besides, I once watched my boyfriend Hank cook whole doves for a group of men who were used to breasting them out, and they were nearly in tears it was so good. Definitely had some converts that day.

So for all my kindred spirits out there, I've created a video showing how I pluck and gut the bird. I'm already bracing for the comments on YouTube: "Brah, there's an easier way. Just breast 'em out." Yes, I know, Brah. I'm showing you another way. If you're not interested, don't do it.


© Holly A. Heyser 2013

1 comment:

  1. Holly,
    I can get everything out with my fingers except the lungs. What do you do to get the lungs out?

    ReplyDelete